Dear Resurrection Family,
I am excited to tell you about our plans for this summer at Resurrection. We are making important changes to our COVID protocols. I’m asking you to do three quick things:
1. Watch my short video update above in which I explain why we are making changes.
2. Read this post in which I explain how these changes will affect Sunday morning.
3. Complete the feedback form we have created so we can be fully prepared to serve our church as these changes take place.
As I mention in the video, we are planning the following updates to our Sunday morning worship services:
Starting Sunday, May 30
We will be increasing our Sunday morning service capacity to 60 percent. This change is in line with the capacity updates for meetings, conferences, and conventions which is set to go into effect in Illinois later this month. Please also see the recent CDC guideline changes.
The ability to make this change will result in additional updates to our protocol:
- No more sign-ups will be required! You can simply come to the service of your choice.
- The space between groups will be reduced to 2 chairs (currently 3 chairs).
- Based on seat spacing, we will resume coming forward to receive Holy Communion.
- Groups will resume seating themselves (you no longer need to wait in a line to be seated).
- All building doors will be open for use, including the North and East doors, not just the South doors.
Our past summer numbers suggest we will have plenty of room, but please note that we cannot guarantee you a seat if you arrive close to the beginning of the service.
Starting Sunday, June 13
The 10:30 service will become a mask-optional service.
- Masks will still be required when you arrive or anytime you leave your seat.
- You may remove your mask while at your seat.
- The 8:30 service will remain a mask-required service.
These changes are modeled after current restaurant dining protocols and have already been adopted by other churches in our area. Please see the recent CDC guideline changes.
Updates to our RezKids ministry will follow a different timeline. For the time being, sign-ups and masks will still be required. Pastor Kevin will send out a fuller update to our families.
Please make sure to watch my video message and then fill out this feedback form to let us know how these updates will impact your church attendance plans.
Join me in praying for God’s continued blessing on our worship and for a season of refreshment in the months ahead.
Fr. Steve Williamson