Dear Resurrection Family,
From Amy Patton (Executive Pastor of Staff):
I want to let you know about some next steps for our children’s ministry here at Resurrection. This summer, Carole Seid will be moving out of state in order to be closer to family, and will therefore step down from her role as Children’s Pastor at Resurrection.
We have been so blessed by Carole’s ministry as our Children’s Pastor. We are especially grateful for how she brought greater pastoral focus to children with special needs and their families, and built up our family discipleship. Her passion for children is profound, and she has truly shepherded and loved our children with the heart of Jesus.
I wanted to give Carole the opportunity to share a little bit more with you about her decision.
From Carole Seid (Children’s Pastor):
As many of you know, I am very close with my son, JJ, his wife, Kristen, and my four precious grandchildren, who live in Oklahoma. After several months of intentional discernment, prayer, and really seeking the Lord, I have decided to move to Oklahoma to more deeply invest in their lives.
This was not an easy decision to make! I will greatly miss serving as your Children’s Pastor. It has been amazing to watch the Lord work in so many of your children’s lives during my time on staff. I am also indebted to our incredible team of volunteers, who faithfully lead our children into the presence of the Lord and show them the love of Jesus, week in and week out.
Although I am moving away from Resurrection, I will continue to remain connected to this beloved community. I look forward to visiting all of you regularly, especially to worship during Holy Week!
Finally, I want to thank you for the privilege and honor it has been to serve all of you. I will be carrying you in my heart and prayers, even as I move.
We are grateful that Carole has given us ample time to plan for her departure, and to hire a new Children’s Pastor. Here are a few details about the timeline of Carole’s transition:
- Carole is planning to move in Summer 2019, after completing the 2018-19 ministry year.
- The hiring process for a new Children’s Pastor is starting now. We hope to have the new Children’s Pastor in place for the summer. If you are interested in the position, contact Personnel Director Whitney Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Person who will pastor our children & families and lead our RezKids ministry and team
What’s not changing?
- RezKids Vision & Guiding Principles
- Sunday morning & Midweek ministry
- Full-time Children’s Pastor as essential role at Resurrection
- Executive Pastor Amy Patton will supervise Children’s Pastor role, providing stability in the transition and continuity for children’s ministry
Thank you for your continued prayers and partnership.